Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Bit of Freshman Wisdom

I can't believe it -  my first year of college is over!! I got through it, and succeeded - I came out in one piece, and, in spite of (really, because of!) everything that's happened, I am a better, new person. It's so crazy to look back on all the things I've done, people I've met and grown close to, and the lessons I've learned. I think I'll make a list here of some of the biggest things that stand out:

  • The Freshman 15 is not a myth! (Especially when you stop dancing 20 hours a week after 4 years!)
  • College really is when you learn who your real friends are
  • Contrary to popular belief, you can't live off of ramen noodles, pop tarts, and coffee. You just can't.
  • 8 o'clock classes are the devil's way of trying to make you fail.
  • Except for rare, secluded corners and finals week, the main library is not, in fact, used for studying by the general population. Can you say social hour? Annoying!
  • It's a smaller world that we thought.
  • TV really isn't that important.
  • Walt Disney and his cartoon-creating posse were quite the sarcastic bunch. They also dig innuendos. A lot.
  • It's never too late for a breakfast burrito.
  • Drama is more overrated than we thought.
  • Sleep is MUCH more underrated than we thought.
  • What you're doing doesn't make the fun - who you do it with is what really counts.
  • You don't realize how much you like talking to your parents until you only get to talk to them a few times a week.
  • "I don't have time" or "I'm too busy" are actually valid excuses.
  • You really do have control over how you feel!
  • When mentors give you advice or make suggestions, do yourself a favor: listen.
  • You set up your own success or failure!
And, most importantly: Without God in the lead, life means nothing!

And with that:
SUMMER IS HERE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment