Wednesday, July 10, 2013

For The Record

There have been a lot of people reading this blog lately - for which I am so grateful. Thank you so much!! But it has made me want to share something really important: I never write anything here that is not 100% from my heart. I don't think about the best way to say things so that they sound the nicest - I spend a lot of time reflecting on my life and on my lessons, and that is where everything I share here comes from. It's all real, all organic, all completely me. Sometimes, I've got happy stuff, and sometimes I've got not-so-happy stuff. 

But I share it because it matters. Yes, this is a great outlet for me and I love being able to chronicle what I'm walking through in my life, purely for myself. But my hope is that, just maybe, something that I am walking through is something that you're walking through, too. Yes, you

Not that I mean that I hope any of you who read this are going through a hard part of your life - I pray that isn't the case! 

But trials are a huge part of life - I read somewhere once that if you aren't going through a trial right now, you either just got out of one or one is headed your way! That can seem a little discouraging, I suppose, but it's true - life is full of just as many downs as it is ups. 

And so my hope is that, at any point in my journey, something that I share here might encourage any one of you. However you happened to stumble upon this little blog, I hope that you've been able to relate to me, to my thoughts and feelings and experiences. I hope that this blog might be a way for me to walk alongside you; that you would know - just maybe - that I've been where you are and that you are not alone!

And just as we go through struggles sometimes, there are also so many wonderful things in this life to celebrate - and I want to celebrate with you! Again, I hope that my story, whether I'm currently in a chapter of joy or of sorrow, encourages you.  

Whoever you are, thank you so much for coming here and reading this blog - even though I may not know that you are, or I may not even know you at all!, you are sharing my life with me and I so appreciate that. 


My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long - though I know not how to relate them all. I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord; I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone. - Psalm 71:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment