Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Counting Up the Cost



Okay. So I realize my last post was a little dramatic. 
But seriously - this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do, the most I’ve ever had to give up.
But as Rend Collective Experiment says so beautifully, I’ve counted up the cost and Jesus is worth it. Worth everything. I always ask God “what would you have me do to serve you better?” And he asked for this.
It’s not the end of the world. By no means- I’m only 20! Sure, there is loss and sadness and regret in my situation. There are things I am and am going to miss out on. I’m sure anyone can relate to those feelings. But my God wants to bless me - I know this to be true! - and so He redeems those things. He replaces sorrow with joy! And if this is what He would have me give, if this is what He would ask of me in exchange for something better and brighter and so much more beautiful, how could I not run headlong into this new season? (now let’s actually put that one into practice.)
A few weeks ago at church, my pastor’s wife was teaching on Jesus coming to the temple, infuriated that vendors and merchants were defiling a place of worship by turning it into a place of business. And something that she said during that sermon struck me so hard about my situation - we will never everhave anything good enough to offer Jesus as a sacrifice. 
Personally, is this a sacrifice? Absolutely. Like I said, I’ve never had to give up so much before. Ever. But here’s a whammy of a new perspective: Jesus isn’t asking us for sacrifices. He’s asking us for obedience, and for reasonable acts of worship.
This is a hard season. A challenging one. I’m learning new lessons every daysecond. But trials only last for a short time in the grand scheme of an eternity of joy that the Lord will bless us with if we seek Him, and so I offer this up as a reasonable act of worship to the One who gave it all

No comments:

Post a Comment